Hurtta Swimmer Vest
The Swimmer vest is a durable and warming high-visibility vest for outdoor activities, swimming, Stand-Up paddle boarding, water rescue, rehabilitation and hunting. The vest is made of elastic and non-absorbent neoprene. The material is durable and silent in use. Thanks to its excellent thermal insulation, the neoprene vest is particularly suitable for water-rescue dogs that work in cool temperatures and gundogs that retrieve game from water. The vest features floats that support the dog when swimming. The vest’s belly flap protects the dog’s sensitive belly area.
The back of the vest has zip fastening with a locking mechanism on the slider that prevents the zipper from opening when the dog moves. The snug fit makes the vest ergonomic and safe. The back of the vest features handle openings that you can lift to help your dog out of the water. The belly flap can be cut to size to fit a male dog, for example. There are printed guiding lines on the inside of the vest to help cut the belly flap into the right shape. Use scissors to cut the flap into shape, taking care not to cut over seams.
The Swimmer vest features integrated float panels. The floats are made of EVA foam plastic and provide additional support for swimming, enabling the dog to stay in the water longer. The buoyancy of the vest has been tested by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health. The high-visibility vest is not a life jacket; it merely improves the dog’s performance when swimming.
The Swimmer Vest also has a bug-repellent Clariant treatment which contains Permethrin. This treatment protects against mosquitoes, ticks and other insects. The fabric is dermatologically tested and certified to contain no harmful substances. The material is machine washable according to instructions. The finishing retains its properties for up to 100 washes. Sanitized finishing is used in fatigues, hiking and hunting equipment, and in tents and sleeping bags.
NOT SUITABLE FOR CATS. Permethrin is poisonous to cats.
- NO TWO DOGS ARE THE SAME - Don’t guess on the size. Use the size chart along with the “Measuring Your Dog” size guide. The chest measurement is the most important for the Swimmer Vest
- USES – The Swimmer vest is a durable and warming high-visibility vest for outdoor activities, swimming, Stand-Up paddle boarding, water rescue, rehabilitation and hunting
- BOYANCY - The Swimmer vest features integrated float panels which provide additional support for swimming. The vest is not a life jacket; it merely improves the dog’s performance when swimming enabling your dog to stay in the water longer
- BUG REPELLANT – The Swimmer Vest has been Clariant Sanitized with Permethrin which protects against insects such as mosquitoes, horseflies and ticks. Permethrin is also used in sleeping bags, tents and quality outdoor clothing
- FEATURES – The Swimmer Vest has low profile, pass-thru top handle designed not to get caught on branches. Perfect for helping to lift your dog out of the water