HomeoPet Skin and Itch Relief Get your pet in cuddle-worthy shape with the HomeoPet Skin & Itch Dog, Cat, Bird & Small Animal Supplement. Working to detoxify the skin from the inside out, this homeopathic liquid provides temporary relief to that pesky itching, scratching, gnawing, and hair loss caused by seasonal allergies. Drawing on hundreds of years of natural medicine therapy, the all-natural formula uses only the purest, chemical-free homeopathic ingredients that cause zero known side effects. Easily administer by mouth or food or water—your itchy pet will thank you, and you’ll love his luxurious skin and coat!
- Homeopathic drops promote temporary relief for dogs, cats, birds, and small animals suffering from seasonal allergies.
- Detoxifies the skin and improves the coat while relieving constant itching, scratching, gnawing, and hair loss.
- Chemical-free formula uses the best all-natural, pure ingredients based on years of research, and causes no known side effects.
- Non-sedating and safe for all pets including puppies, kittens, pregnant, and nursing animals. Easily administer by mouth or through food or water.
- Fast-acting liquid drops are made in the USA and registered with the FDA.
Ingredients: Graphites 6c & 30c, Pulex Irritans 6c & 30c, Rhus Toxicodendron 6c & 30c, Staphysagria 6c & 30c, Sulphur 6c & 30c, Urtica Urens 6c & 30c
- Dose medicine directly into mouth, in water or at meal/snack time
- Administer one dose 3 times per day, as needed
- In acute cases, one dose every 15 minutes up to 4 doses may be given
- When improvement is seen decrease frequency of dosing to twice daily then once daily. If symptoms reapear repeat original dose. Discontinue use when symptoms subside
SMALL MAMMALS such as rabbits, ferrets, hamsters and pot bellied pigs can be dosed by weight as for cats and dogs in previous section. For severe cases a drop can be diluted in 1 ml of water or other oral rehydration fluid and given to the patient orally, taking care to avoid aspiration of the fluid into the respiratory tract by the patient. 3 doses whose volume is appropriate to the size of the patient should be given from the diluted product over a 24 hour period, e.g. 2 drops for a mouse or small budgie, 4 drops for a large guinea pig. For acute cases it can be repeated as for cats and dogs in previous dosing section.
Optimally, the liquid preparation should be dropped directly into the mucous membrane of the mouth including lips; ideally in dogs by pulling out the labial pouch, and in cats by raising the head until the mouth opens. Where an animal finds this distressful, or an owner is unable to comply, the medication can be put in the food, water or milk. Where animals are sensitive to the odor of the alcohol preservative, a 10-20 minute period should be allowed for dilution and evaporation before the liquid or food is presented to the patient. Occasionally, animals will shake their heads as a response to the alcohol preservative; cats may salivate excessively and in these cases, presenting it in food, water or milk works. It can also be added to a sprayer and misted in the air around severely affected patients to calm them down, or dropped around bedding area 3-5 times daily.
ADVERSE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS:
None known, other than reversible effect of overdosage. Overdosage will result in a return of symptoms after the symptoms have initially disappeared. Where either increased anxiety or a return of symptoms occurs while on the medication, ceasing to use it will alleviate the effect. Patients who are hypersensitive to homeopathic preparations will show response to a single dose, which may not need to be repeated for some time. For this reason therapy should always start with a single dose and should a major response be seen, therapy should not be recommenced until symptoms relapse, and then only a single dose given for maximum effect. Although there is no evidence that there are any safety issues, extra care should always be taken when dealing with pregnant animals. Should a suspected adverse reaction be seen or advice needed, please contact HomeoPet LLC. Contact your veterinarian if problems persist.